Our one-day course provides practical and hands on guidance for implementing a social media plan to engage with clients, win new clients and recruit new people. It is suitable for novices and also those more advanced in using social media within accountancy and legal firms.
Instead of concentrating on a single social media channel this course gives you an excellent overview of how all the major platforms can work together to help you market your practice, all backed up with practical “hands on” advice. You will leave armed with a digital marketing plan that you can implement immediately.
After attending you will have a good understanding of:
- Social media and the driving forces behind it - your clients
- How to create, execute and manager your firm’s social media strategy
- How to set up and use the key social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube and Blogs
- How to create a social media policy and manage risk
- Best practices and how to deal with problems if they arise
- Social media analytics and monitoring tools for your business
- How to approach social media advertising and understanding ROI
- The why and how of business blogging to grow your business
This course has been designed for any firm that is thinking about or has an existing social media presence. Covering the basic key components of setting up and developing social media campaigns through to creating a social media strategy, this course is suitable for those taking their first steps into social media or wanting a refresher of the core elements, followed by more advanced social media strategy and monitoring.
Our previous attendees have included partners, directors and marketing executives, from legal and accountancy firms of all sizes.
Introduction & Strategy Overview
- Social media use in professional firms
- How social media relates to your firm
- Learn where and who your audience are and how to target them
- Setting your goals – clients, prospective clients, potential employees
- Getting started with your social media strategy
Social Media Platforms
- An overview and introduction to the most popular platforms that work best for professional firms
- How to set up and optimise your platforms and the benefits of doing so
- Finding your way around each platform – familiarising with each interface
- Social media best practices – basic dos and don’ts
- How to create engaging content that works for you and for each platform
- Understanding the key features of the major platforms
- Common mistakes and pitfalls made by professional firms
- Reputation management – how to deal with negative communication
- Legal implications
Measuring & Analytics
- Basic analytics – understanding most common metrics of each platform
- SEO benefits
- Blogging and Vlogging - How to create engaging and sharable content
Date and Time
Thursday 18 October 2018
9.30am Registration for a 10am start. Close at 4pm with a Q&A session
The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales, One Moorgate Place London EC2R 6EA
EnquiriesPlease email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The cost to attend this course is just £89 plus VAT per person and includes refreshments and lunch
Jo Edwards - Managing Director
Jo Edwards is the principal of JE Consulting, who specialise in providing marketing assistance to accountancy and legal firms. Jo has over 30 years practical marketing experience working with a wide range of firms across the UK, both large and small and has a particular specialism in preparing and delivering internet and social media strategies to clients. Jo and her team’s "hands on" approach to marketing has helped many firms across the country, to generate new clients and develop profitable cross-selling services to existing clients through innovative e-marketing programmes.
Feedback from previous courses
“Good interactive session which was well placed.”
“The event didn’t meet my expectations, I think it exceeded them.”
“I thoroughly enjoyed the training at the master class… covered all aspects of social media and more, and introduced me to areas of social media I didn’t even know existed. It was an interactive, fun and professionally executed training session, I would definitely consider attending a JE Consulting course again in the future.”
“The presentation was professional and pertinent… a wealth of information was provided and I have a clearer idea about how a strategy is required.”
“Thank you so much for yesterday, we found the course extremely useful and learnt some really valuable points that we will definitely be putting into practice.”
“Excellent. Very useful and plenty of ideas to implement”